Gulp is a command-line task runner for Node.js. Gulp let us automate processes and run repetitive tasks with ease.
What makes Gulp different from other task runners is that it uses Node streams; piping output from one task as an input to the next. It only needs to read a file once, then process it through multiple tasks, and finally write the output file. This results in faster builds because there is no need to create and read intermediary files on the hard drive.
The goal of this tutorial is to introduce Gulp and see it in action. We will make a quick project to demonstrate how tasks work, and how to create an integrated workflow.
You will learn:
- How to set up an automated workflow.
- How to compile SASS into CSS.
- Convert templates into static HTML.
- Run tests on the code.
- Watch for changes in your files and act on it.
- Automatically reload the page in the browser after changes.
By the end of the…