The registry, which had been in a public beta period since last September, is part of GitHub Packages, GitHub’s service for publishing packages. With general availability, GitHub is consolidating its Docker registry into Container registry. Docker containers previously published to docker.pkg.github.com will automatically be migrated to the Container registry in coming weeks.
GitHub Container Registry features the following capabilities:
- Container visibility independent from repository visibility.
- Anonymous access for public containers.
- Organizational level of ownership of containers.
- Fine-grained permissions.
- Container-specific landing pages.
- Internal visibility settings for containers within organizations.
- Secure access to containers from Actions workflows through the…