In this page you are going to find additional information about my UCSD Ext – DevOps Class. Feel free to ask any questions you might have in this blog.
- Class Description
- Class Syllabus
- Enrollment – Next Session dates: 01/12/2021 – 03/09/2021
A detail description of the UCSD Extension – DevOps Class can be found here:
This is the class syllabus. It contains information about your class project, grading, and just about everything you need to know about the class expectations.
What tools are used in the class?
- Jenkins – to orchestrate our DevOps Pipelines
- GitHub – to version control our DevOps Pipelines Scripts and Code
- Terraform – to build our Infrastructure as Code (IasC)
- AWS – this is the environment we deploy our test VMs and where we exercise the Blue and Green Deployments
- Ubuntu – this is the environment we use for development of our pipelines
- Packer – to build the AWS Images
- JMeter – to automatically test our test web application
What if I don’t have any prior experience in AWS?
That is not a problem! In the class videos, I will show you step by step how to create an AWS account, create an GitHub account, how to log in to your AWS EC2 instances, and just about how to do everything you need to create your DevOps environment. And in case you have questions, I have a weekly Google Meet meeting where you can share your screen and myself and anyone else in the class can help you troubleshoot any errors you might have.
Anything in your mind? Feel free to ask!
I am happy to answer any questions you might have about the class! Just post your questions in this blog and I will respond to it as soon as possible.